I had a venue booked for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary... then came COVID.
The venue cut to 50% capacity, which made it too small. I had to cancel and re-think everything.
The venue needed to be large enough to accommodate distancing, catering and food service was sketchy since many places closed, local restrictions were fluid and I didn't live in the city where the event would be held.
At one point, I thought we wouldn't be able to celebrate more than having a small dinner. It was discouraging.
Then I found Milestone Memories and Events.
I had a good feeling about Geri after our first phone call. The second call confirmed my initial impression. I needed someone with experience and good judgment that I could trust for advice. After all, large events take hundreds of decisions and bad choices can create bad experiences for all the guests.
To give context, the guest list was 250 people. Given the circumstances, I estimated 100-150 would attend. The final RSVP count came in at 140. This was not a small event and we pulled it off in four months!
Here are just a few highlights of my great experience with Milestone Memories:
- We developed a budget, and came in under
- They got to know us and designed decor and settings to match (my mom loved everything!)
- Everything LOOKED AMAZING, tables, center pieces, lighting, photo backdrop, entry tables
- All the logistics like how people enter, move, exit, accounting for seating, everything was great
- They found the venue, catering, music and negotiated many details so I only made major decisions. I can't tell you how important that is because it can be overwhelming dealing with multiple contracts when the event is personal.
- They took care of my parents and were so thoughtful of all their needs on the day of the event
- Excellent communication throughout
Geri and her staff are genuine, caring people and I'm so thankful we met. Don't misunderstand, she's a skilled project manager and straight forward communicator that will take care of business!
What I mean is she thought of details that I could never have thought of.
For example, she created a space for my parents to rest before the event and stocked it with a beautiful snack tray. She arranged a "Grand Entrance" which turned out amazing. My parents had a "first dance", and I mean they had never danced in public before, even at their wedding. This was Geri's idea and it made such an impact!
This is the longest review I've written and it is still too short. What a great 4 month journey this was with Geri to create such a memorable celebration for my parents!
People are still talking about it a week later. I still get emails and texts complimenting how great it was, and we have the best pictures to help us remember. Here's are a few things people are saying: "elegant", "fun", "relaxed", "beautiful", "amazing!"...
My mom and dad loved everything!
After working with Geri and her team for 4 months, I 100% recommend them to anyone needing a spectacular event!
Geri Schwartzman, designing memories for life's moments.
for a free consultation!